Disabled persons face several obstacles in all spheres of life. Persons with disability are the marginalized groups, who are socially, educationally and economically disadvantaged. Especially in case of Children with Disability (CWD) they struggle hard even to complete formal primary education. The Department of Social Justice is bound to guarantee access to a quality inclusive education for all children with disabilities.
As a motivation and helping hand for such target groups, The Department has devised a new scheme called Vijayamritham which provides onetime cash award to meritorious differently abled students who have secured high marks in Degree/ Equivalent courses, Post Graduate & Professional courses. Through this scheme, the department aims to mainstream the Children with Disabilities and create awareness among them on their fundamental rights.
As a token of appreciation, Certificates and Memento will be presented to the selected students.
Amount of Assistance
|Sl No.||Category||Eligibility||Amount||No. of students per district|
|1.||Degree / Equivalent courses||60% marks for Arts subject,80% marks for Science subject||8000/-||10 students|
|2.||Post-Graduation & Professional courses||60 % and above||10,000/-||5 students|
- The applicants must have passed the courses from Government / Aided Colleges/ Other Affiliated Institutions (Parallel colleges, Distance Education Centres).
- The scheme is reserved for those who completed their studies on educational institutions within the State of Kerala.
- Application forms have to submitted with -Copy of course completion certificate (along with mark list), Aadhar Card, Medical board Certificate, copy of Bank passbook duly attested by Gazetted officer.
- The applicants must have passed the examination in single chance.
- If two or more students have the same eligibility then priority must be given to student with higher disability percentage.
How to apply
The applicants must submit the duly filled applications along with supporting documents to the concerned District Social Justice Officers.