Kerala has the largest number of diabetes patients in India. Based on the recent studies conducted by ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) 19.4% people have diabetes in Kerala. 80% of the oldage population in Kerala suffers from diabetes.
With the intention of an old age friendly State, the Social Justice Department under Government of Kerala has introduced a new initiative titled “Vayomadhuram” which provides glucometers freely to elderly diabetic persons coming under BPL category. Under this scheme the department will provide glucometers to 1000 diabetic oldage persons in each district.
- An authorized Doctor has to certify that the applicant is suffering from diabetes.
- The applicant’s age has to be 60 years or above. If there are a large number of applicants, priority will be given to older persons.
- The applicants must be from BPL category.
How to apply
- The applicant has to submit copy of Aadhar card as age proof.
- Medical certificate issued by Govt./NRHM Doctor certifying that the applicant is suffering from diabetes.
- Self-attested copy of BPL ration card / Copy of BPL certificate issued from Panchayath/Municipality/Corporation / BPL Income certificate from concerned Village office.
Whom to contact
Duly filled in application form along with relevant supporting documents have to be submitted to the concerned District Social Justice Officers.
|Application Forms||Vayomadhuram scheme for providing glucometer to Senior Citizens|