Ministry of Tourism
With the aim of providing standardized world class services to tourists, the Government of India, Ministry of Tourism has a voluntary scheme for classification of privately owned propserty to fully operational Time Share Resorts subject to criteria being met by the owner and approved by Ministry of Tourism
Scheme Benefits & Highlights
Classified Time Share Resorts approved /approved projects are eligible for various concessions and facilities that are announced by the Government from time to time besides getting worldwide publicity through the India tourism offices located in India and abroad. The TSR and hotels are classified as 5 star/4 star/3 star on the basis of the facilites provided upon the approval of the requisite committee and depending on their ratings they are awarded different benefits.
TSRs applying for classification must provide the following documentation.
a. Application Form detailing
i. Name of the TSR
ii. Name and address of the promoters/owners with a note on their business antecedents
iii. Complete postal address of the hotel with tel. no/fax/email
iv. Status of the owners/ promoters
1. If Public/ private limited company with copies of Memorandum and Articles of Association
2. If Partnership, a copy of partnership deed and certificate of registration
3. If proprietary concern, name and address of proprietor/certificate of registration.
v. Date on which the hotel became operational.
vi. Details of TSR site with postal address and distance from Airport/Railway Station/City Centre/Downtown shopping area (in kms)
vii. Details of the TSR
1. Area (in sq. metres) with title – owned/ leased with copies of sale/ lease deed
2. Copy of Land Use Permit from local authorities
3. Star category being applied for
4. Number of rooms and area for each type of room in sq.ft. (single/double/suites)
5. Number of attached baths
6. Details of public areas – Lobby/lounge, restaurants, bars, shopping area, banquet/ conference halls, health club, swimming pool, parking facilities, facilities for the physically challenged persons, Eco-friendly practices and any other additional facilities. The area for each facility should be indicated in sq.ft
7. Detail of guestroom and bathroom with dimensions in sq.ft.
8. Details of Fire Fighting Measures/ Hydrants etc.
9. Details of measures for energy conservation and water harvesting and other Eco- friendly measures and initiatives.
10. Air-conditioning details for guest rooms, public areas
The application fees payable for classification/reclassification are as follows. The demand draft maybe payable to” Pay & Accounts Officer, Department of Tourism, New Delhi “
|Star Category||Classification/Reclassification fees in Rs.|