NITI Aayog has launched a Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) for providing an ecosystem for budding & existing women entrepreneurs across the country. SIDBI has partnered with NITI Aayog to assist in this initiative.
As an enabling platform, WEP is built on three pillars- Iccha Shakti, Gyaan Shakti & Karma Shakti
- Iccha Shakti represents motivating aspiring entrepreneurs to start their business
- Gyaan Shakti represents providing knowledge and ecosystem support to women entrepreneurs to help them foster entrepreneurship
- Karma Shakti represents providing hands-on support to entrepreneurs in setting-up and scaling up businesses
Scheme Benefits & Highlights
In addition to providing services such as free credit ratings, mentorship, funding support to women entrepreneurs, apprenticeship and corporate partnerships; WEP will encourage entrepreneurs to share their entrepreneurial journeys, stories & experiences to nurture mutual learning.
WEP platform, as a driver of change, will also promote offline initiatives and outreach programmes to promote entrepreneurial spirit among potential women entrepreneurs, in collaboration with partner organizations.
Also, WEP offers incubation and acceleration support to women founded / co-founded startups through its various partners who handhold women entrepreneurs registered with WEP and provide them necessary support to help them start and scale-up.
- Women Entrepreneurs who are at ideation stage, have just started off with thieir startups or are an established startup can register under the scheme to take the benefit.
- Corporates, NGOs, research organisations, Incubator, Accelerator, etc. who can provide support in any form to the the women entrepreneurs.
For more details, please visit: https://wep.gov.in/
Applicants can register via their Google or Facebook Id or by filling the online application form available under the register tab at: https://wep.gov.in/