The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB Technical Services Engineers use their outstanding problem solving and customer service skills, along with their deep technical experience, to advise customers and to solve their complex MongoDB problems. Technical Service Engineers are specialists in the entire MongoDB ecosystem – database server, drivers, our management suite, and services such as Cloud Manager (the online product we developed for customers for automation, backup, monitoring, and analysis of their MongoDB systems). Our engineers combine their MongoDB expertise with passion, initiative, teamwork, and a great sense of humor to achieve exceptional results for our customers.
Why MongoDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career
- Be a part of the company thats reinventing the database, passionate about innovation and speed
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture that is engineering focused
- Work with exceptionally talented people around the globe
- Learn, contribute, and make an impact on the product and community
- Help establish a new team in APAC, influence the direction of the region and the future of MongoDB
Cool things youll do
MongoDB is on a mission to change the way people think about databases. Along the way, our customers encounter questions and issues about how our approach to databases works for their use case. In Technical Services, it’s our job to help these people.
You’ll be working alongside our largest customers, solving their complex issues – resolving questions on architecture, performance, recovery, security, and everything in between. You’ll be an expert resource on standard methodologies in running MongoDB at scale, whatever that scale may be. You’ll be an advocate for customers’ needs – working with our product management and development teams on their behalf. And you’ll contribute to internal projects, including software development of support tools for performance, benchmarking, and diagnostics. In addition, you will also be responsible for mentoring and ramping new team members and taking initiatives in building knowledge of new product lines within the MongoDB ecosystem.
What you need
You should have 7+ years of proven experience, we consider all candidates with an eye for those who are self-taught, insatiably curious, and multi-faceted.
Its crucial for every candidate that they can check off all of these boxes:
- Systems engineering experience, including Linux performance, memory management, I/O tuning, configuration, security, networking, clusters, and troubleshooting
- Should have a good understanding of Networking concepts and protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, etc.)
- Storage engineering experience, including NAS, SAN, SSD, multi-pathing, and caching
- Experience building and maintaining complex mission-critical production database systems
- Broad awareness of customer workloads and use cases, including performance, availability, and scalability
- Experience analyzing issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage
- Genuine desire to help people
- Ability to think on your feet, remain calm under pressure, and solve problems in real-time
- Desire and ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Collaboration: willingness and ability to get help from team members when required, and the good judgment to know when to seek help
- Experience managing large scale databases (e.g. RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Experience with authentication systems such as LDAP, Kerberos, AD
- Experience using or managing MongoDB
- Experience using distributed version control systems, and in particular git
- Experience using any cloud services stack such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- In 3 months, you’ll have gained a deep understanding of MongoDB and its ecosystem. You will complete New Hire Training
- In 6 months, you will be comfortable working frontline with our customers. You will also complete the MongoDB Certified DBA Associate exam
- In 12 months, you will be a part of a technical experts group within MongoDB and will be helping your peer engineers in advance diagnostics. Also, you will be encouraged to handle technical escalations independently
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Role Category: Admin/Maintenance/Security/Datawarehousing
UG: Any Graduate in Any Specialization
PG: Any Postgraduate in Any Specialization
Doctorate: Doctorate Not Required