- Abides by medical Staff Bylaws, code of Medical Ethics, Rules and Regulations of the Medical staff and those Specific to the department/division.
- Provides the highest attainable standard of medical care for the patients for whom he/she is responsible.
- Liaise with Medical and Paramedical staff in autism center to provide an academic/recreation program for the following Autism children.
- Assess and advise staff on appropriate developmental activities for those Day-care patients with evidence of developmental delay or learning disabilities that related to ASD.
- Provide an assessment or treatment facility for ASD with deficits in cognitive, educational or social skills. Provide parents with a home program of activities to support treatment.
- In conjunction with Occupational Therapist, assess patients with difficulties in activities of daily living.
- Liaise with standard school regarding the needs of disables children able to attend or resume normal schooling and follow up children placed in school, as necessary. Advise teachers, when appropriate.
- Liaise with and evaluate appropriate community establishment regarding the placement of mentally and physically disabled children. Follow up as necessary.
- Provide a group treatment facility to prepare disables children for integration into schools.
- Provide education program when appropriate, for emotionally disturbed children as part of their treatment program.
- Visit the family at home when problems cannot be resolve by an outpatient visit.
- The Special Educationalist may be accompanied by a female Occupational Therapist.
- Be aware of government facilities including financial assistance available for disabled children and advise families accordingly.
- Attend the outpatient clinic to advise the Doctor on patients progress and on suitable new referrals.
- Record the daily workload and maintain appropriate records for the patients departmental file and medical records.
Required Candidate profile
- Sound knowledge of normal childhood development
- Good working knowledge of assessment used in education m,e.g., portage.
- Excellent Standard of oral and written communication skills in English
- A positive attitude towards special needs childrens and their family
- Ability to interact with different professional and lay persons at the work sport.
- Knowledge of in-kingdom facilities of disable children and funding available from the ministry and charitable organization
- familiarity/experience of pre school activities and education
- Professional attitude and capability to demonstrate good work ethics.
Perks and Benefits
AS PER Saudi Arabia LAWS
Role: Special Education Teacher
Industry Type: Medical, Healthcare, Hospitals
Functional Area: Teaching, Education, Training, Counselling
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Role Category: Teachers
UG: Any Graduate in Any Specialization