The National Minorities Development & Finance Corporation (NMDFC)
This scheme envisages credit to the poorest amongst the poor through SCAs/NGOs and network of Self Help Groups (SHGs). It is an informal loan scheme which ensures quick delivery of loan at the door steps of the beneficiaries.
Scheme Benefits & Highlights
- This scheme aims to extend credit to the poorest amongst the poor through SCAs/NGOs and network of Self Help Groups (SHGs). It is an informal loan scheme which ensures quick delivery of loan at the door steps of the beneficiaries.
- Under this scheme, small loans up to a maximum of INR 1.5 lacs per member of SHG are provided through the NGOs / SHGs. The scheme is implemented through the SCAs as well as the NGOs.
- The repayment period under the scheme is maximum of 36 months (3 Years).
- Rate of Interest for NGOs by NMDFC directly- 1% pa
- Repayment period for the SCAs/NGOs- 4 years / 3 years
- Utilization Period for the SCAs /NGOs- 3 Months/ 1 Month
- Means of Financing NMDFC: SCA : Beneficiary Contribution- 90: 5 : 5
- For more details, click here
Applicable for Self Help Groups/NGOsRequired Documents and Proof
Respective State Channelizing Agencies (SCAs) nominated by respective State/UT Government implement this scheme. Generally each Channelizing Agency has an office at district level where the beneficiary is required to make formal application.
The beneficiaries need to contact their respective SCA (the details of the state wise SCAs are mentioned in the document below) and the SCA will link the loan account to the Aadhar Card (though other biometric identification proof wil also work).
To know more, click here.
Rate of Interest on Loan for Beneficiaries/SHGs – 10% p.a. in case of male beneficiaries and 8 % p.a. for women beneficiaries.