Ministry Of Electronics & Information Technology
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has launched a scheme to Support IPR Awareness Workshops/Seminars for sensitizing and disseminating awareness about Intellectual Property Rights among various stakeholders especially in E&IT sector.
Criteria For Financial Support
The Grant-in-Aid will be provided to the organization(s) as specified below, for organizing IPR workshops/seminars. The funding will be restricted as per following criteria:
|S.No.||Category Of Institution/Organization||Maximum Grants-in-aid support|
|1.||Educational Institutes||Rs. 2.0 Lakhs|
|2.||Industry bodies like MAIT, ELCINA, CII, NASSCOM, FICCI, IESA, ASSOCHAM etc.||Rs. 3.0 Lakhs|
|3.||Meity Society(ies) or Meity Autonomous Body(ies)||Rs. 5.0 Lakhs|
Procedure To Apply Online
The procedure to apply online under the scheme is as follows:
Step I) First of all, kindly read the brochure carefully before proceeding further.
Step II) In order to apply, you need to create a Login ID, which would be used in further communications.
Step III) After you have created your user account, you can Login and Apply Online for the Scheme. Before proceeding to apply online, kindly make sure that you have read the Guidelines along with the Terms & Conditions thoroughly and also checked the List of documents to be uploaded during filling up the online application.
List Of Important Documents To Be Uploaded
- Scanned copy in *.pdf format of Terms & Conditions with Undertaking (Download TERMS & CONDITIONS) duly signed and sealed on every page by the Head Of the Institution
- Scanned copy of Undertaking duly signed and sealed in *.pdf format. (Download Format for Undertaking)
- Detailed program (*.pdf format)
- Scanned copy in*.pdf format of The Details for Transfer of e-Payments to be duly filled up as per the format. Download FORMAT OF DETAILS FOR e-TRANSFER OF PAYMENTS
Important Instructions To follow Before Applying
- How to know that your application has been approved for grants?
An email to this effect would be send by the programme division stating the status of your application.
- How many days before should I apply for the form for conducting seminar/workshop?
The application for grant in aid should be submitted to Meity at least 45 days in advance, failing which the proposals received will not be considered.
- What is the course of action in case of postponement of the event?
In case of postponement of the event, the organization should take approval from Meity at least 15 days in advance citing the reason explicitly.
- Is there any prerequisite for filling up the form?
There are two prerequisite for filling up the form for IP Awareness :
a) Registration at CPSMS:
It is mandatory that you should be registered at Central Plan Scheme Monitoring System (CPSMS) portal, in order to apply for support for IP Awareness Workshop(s)/Seminar(s). Make sure to get registered at Central Plan Scheme Monitoring System portal (CPSMS) www.cpsms.nic.in [If not already registered].
Kindly note that while registering for CPSMS, fill up Technology Development Council in the column ‘Name of the Scheme’.
Please remember the Unique Agency Code while registering at CPSMS as it will be required while filling up the application form for IPR Awareness Workshop/Seminar Support.
NOTE : YOUR APPLICATION FORM FOR GRANTS-IN-AID WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED AT CPSMS.
b) Utilisation Certificate (UC):
Following points are important in relation to the UC:
- In case your institution has earlier taken grant-in-aid from Meity for any other project and has not submitted its Utilisation Certificate, the same may be immediately furnished to the designated programme head before making any further request for grant-in-aid.
- UC is to be signed by the Head of the Organization.
Note: The submission of previous UC(s) if any, is mandatory without which your application for grants-in-aid will not be considered by Meity.