PMEGP is credit linked Scheme of Govt. of India by merging erstwhile REGP and PMRY scheme. The Scheme is implemented through KVIC and State/UT Khadi & V.I. Boards in Rural areas and through District Industries Centres in Urban and Rural areas in ratio of 30:30:40 between KVIC / KVIB / DIC respectively.
The salient features are
• Assistance under the Scheme is available only to new units to be established.
• Per capita investment should not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakhs in plain areas and Rs. 1.50 lakhs in Hilly areas.
• The rate of subsidy is 15% – 35% of project cost which would be paid to the loan account.
• The Margin to be brought by the promoter is 5% of the project cost for Special category (SC/ST, OBC, Minority, Women, PH and Ex-Service men) and 10% of the project cost for General category.
• Maximum project cost of Rs. 25.00 lakhs in manufacturing sector and Rs. 10.00 lakhs in Service Sector
• During 2015-16, 734 units were assisted with Rs1081.61 lakh creating employment to 3902 persons
|Particulars||General Category||Special Category (Sc/St/Obc/Women/Ph/Ex Service)|
|Margin Money Grant||15 %||25%||25%||35%|