AICTE is implementing the PMKVY for Technical Institutes scheme through AICTE approved Technical Institutions in the country.Under this Scheme in next three years, 10.5 Lakh youth are to be given Engineering Skills. To impart unemployed youth,the skills and find placement in suitable private sector jobs.
About the Scheme
Objectives of PMKVY-TI
The main objective of the Scheme is to impart Engineering Skills for 10 Lakh youth in the next three years. It is aimed to:
- Encourage the institutions for making the best use of available infrastructure of higher education system during off hours for skill training.
- Provide employable and certifiable skills based on National Occupational Standards (NOS) with necessary soft skills to the school dropouts who want to pursue/attain higher order skills and living in the vicinity of College.
- Provide for up-gradation and certification of traditional/acquired skills of the learners irrespective of their age;
- Provide opportunities for community-based life-long learning by offering courses of general interest to the community for personal development and interest;
- Offer bridge courses to certificate holder of general/ vocational education, so as to bring them at par with appropriate NSQF level.
- Provide entrepreneurial orientation along with required skills, trained for self-employment and entrepreneurship development.
- Provide Post Placement support, Tracking and Monitoring