Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) implemented by National Skill Development Corporation. The objective of this Skill Certification Scheme is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood. Individuals with prior learning experience or skills will also be assessed and certified under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- Short Term Training
- Recognition of Prior Learning
- Special Projects
- Kaushal and Rozgar Mela
- Placement Assistance
- Continuous Monitoring
- Standardised Branding and Communication
Nature of Assistance
The Scheme aims to:
- Encourage standardization in the certification process and initiate a process of creating a registry of skills
- Enable and mobilize a large number of Indian youth to take up skill training and become employable and earn their livelihood. Increase productivity of the existing workforce and align the training and certification to the needs of the country.
- Reward candidates undergoing skill training by authorized institutions at an average monetary reward of Rs.8,000 (Rupees EightThousand) per candidate.
- Benefit 24 lakh youth at an approximate total cost of Rs. 1,500 crore.
Who can apply?
This Scheme is applicable to any candidate of Indian nationality who:
- Is an unemployed youth or, school/college dropouts
- Possesses an Aadhaar card and a bank account
- Has a verifiable alternate ID such as PAN or Voter ID (applicable only for the states of NorthEast region and J&K – Additional IDs may be added from time to time)
- Any other criteria, as defined by the SSCs for the respective job roles
College students should not be allowed or enrolled under PMKVY as the Scheme focuses on school/college dropouts. Additionally, in case of corporates or factory premises, candidates cannot be their own employees or daily wagers.
How to apply?
Call on 088000-55555 or write to PMKVY@nsdcindia.org for details.
Website link: http://pmkvyofficial.org/