Neymar says World Cup in Qatar may be his last

Share

Brazil star Neymar says next year’s World Cup in Qatar could be the last of his career.

 The comments by the 29-year-old striker were made in the documentary “Neymar & The Line Of Kings,” produced by DAZN. An excerpt was published on the channel’s Twitter feed on Sunday.

 “Man, I think it will be my last World Cup,” Neymar said.

 “I am facing it like the last World Cup because I don’t know whether I will be able to, mentally, to endure more soccer.

 “I will do everything possible to get there very well,” he added.

 “I will do all I can to win it with my country and realize my dream, the biggest since my boyhood. I hope I can achieve it.”

 Neymar will play with Brazil later on Sunday at Colombia in a World Cup qualifying match. The Seleção leads the 10-team round robin competition with 27 points after nine games.

 The striker did not play in Thursday’s 3-1 Brazil win at Venezuela due to suspension.

The match in Barranquilla will mark Neymar’s return since the 2-0 win against Peru on Sept. 10, in which he turned in a key Brazil performance with an assist and a goal. Despite his efforts, Neymar made clear after the match that he is upset with the treatment he gets at home.

 “I don’t know what else I need to do with this shirt for people to respect Neymar,” he said. Local media accused the striker of being out of shape in the 1-0 win at Chile earlier in September, which prompted the striker to walk around shirtless during training to show how fit he is.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *