Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
The scheme is for encouraging skill development among the youth by providing monetary rewards for successful completion of approved training programmes.
- The scheme shall be implemented through Public- Private and Public-Public partnerships.
- The scheme will provide monetary incentives for successful completion of market-driven skilltraining to approximately Rs.10 lakh youth in a span of one year from the date of implementation of the scheme.
- After the training programme a STAR (Standard Training Assessment & Reward) certificate will be given by GoI, NSDC, RASCI/GJSCI which is valid all over India.
Nature of Assistance
- Assessment and training bodies for all purposes of the scheme will be separate and no overlap of roles will be allowed to maintain transparency and objectivity.
- The monetary reward will be wholly funded by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India, and will be effected through direct bank transfer to the beneficiaries’ accounts.
- Appropriate consideration will be provided to the economically backward sections.
Who can apply?
The scheme is currently meant only for candidates availing themselves of skill development trainings from eligible providers.
Those training providers, who have no prior affiliation with any government institution or NSDC, will go through a pre-screening process of the Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) according to an Affiliation Protocol prepared by NSDC/SSC.
Education of minimum 10th Class pass is necessary and should be 18 years and above.
How to apply?
Visit website for details: www.nscsindia.org and approach respective SSC or approach the following:
National Skill Development Corporation, Block A, Clarion Collection, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg, New Delhi – 110016.