Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
Under this scheme the Ministry conducts seminars and reimburses registration fees for bar coding in order to encourage MSEs to use bar-codes.
The basic objective of this scheme is to enhance the Marketing competitiveness of Micro & Small Enterprises (MSEs) by way of:
- Providing 75% of one time registration fee and annual recurring fee (for first three years) paid by MSEs to GS1 India (GS1 India, an autonomous body under Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India is a solution provider for registration for use of Bar Coding. To become a subscriber of GS1 India, all one has to do is fill up the subscription enquiry or registration form and make the necessary payments as registration fee. Details about registration with GS1 India for use of Bar Coding are available on their website www.gs1india.org).
- Popularising the adoption of bar codes on large scale amongst MSEs,
- Motivating and encouraging MSEs for use of bar codes through conducting seminars on Bar Code, etc.
Scheme Benefits & Highlights
- Bar Coding can have a significant impact on the success of any enterprise/ company and organisation. Timely and accurate capture of product information and its communication electronically across the Supply Chain ahead of physical product flow is critical to lowering inventory costs, in accurate sales forecasting & dynamic production scheduling and in product track and trace.
- Ministry of MSME, provides the financial assistance for reimbursement of 75% of one-time registration fee (Under SSI-MDA Scheme) w.e.f. 1st January,2002 and 75% of annual recurring fee for first three years (Under NMCP Scheme) w.e.f. 1st June,2007 paid by MSEs to GS1 India (an autonomous body under Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India is a solution provider for registration for use of Bar Coding.) for using of Bar Coding.
- More details and terms and conditions are available here: http://www.dcmsme.gov.in/schemes/assist_bar_code.htm
Those MSEs who have Entrepreneurial Memorandum Part- II acknowledgement number from Directorate of Industries/ District Industries Centers and also have registration with GS1 India for use of Bar Codes are eligible for 75% reimbursement of one-time registration fee and annual recurring fee (for first three years) paid by them to GS1 India.
Eligible MSEs may apply to the Director, Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises – Development Institute of their region in prescribed application form for claiming reimbursement on Bar Code. Application Form along with formats for the supporting documents may be collected from Director, MSME-DI of their region and are also available on this office Website www.dcmsme.gov.in.
- After getting registration for use of barcode for products, (http://www.gs1india.org)
- The application form along with formats for supporting documents may be collected from the Director, MSME-DI, or download from http://www.dcmsme.gov.in/
- Fill the prescribed application form for claiming reimbursement on bar code;
- Submit the filled-in application form with required documents to the office of MSME-DI.
- The filled-in along with formats with required documents is to be submitted to the office of MSME-DI.
Application Form: http://www.dcmsme.gov.in/schemes/ApplicationFormBarCode.pdf