Main Purpose of the Job
The role is responsible for monitoring operations of Payment systems participants and ensures compliance to payment Services Policy rules and regulations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
1. Advise on and formulate payment policy and Oversight revisions and innovations in line with the strategy aligning to national and regional priorities;
2. Ensure payment systems infrastructure meets international standards through assessment of payment systems against international standards (guided by principles of financial markets infrastructure (PFMIs) and the oversight policy framework;
3. Ensure compliance of South Sudan Electronic Payments and Settlement System, Operations with the set rules and procedures, National Payments System (NPS) laws, Policy regulations and circulars;
4. Ensure compliance with Central Bank laws, NPS Laws, NPS Regulations and Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Combating the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) requirements by payment service providers;
5. Conduct designation and revocation of payment instrument/systems as provided in the law;
6. Coordinate offsite and onsite oversight of large value and retail payment systems and facilitate regional participation;
7. Ensure and oversee implementation of responses to audit and risk management queries and implement recommendations;
8. Guide and support the development of a risk management framework for payment systems and instruments;
9. Review data requirements and relevant returns for approval to facilitate oversight of Payment Service Providers (PSPs);
10. Review oversight reports prepared for management.
11. Continuously review the operation manual and recommend updates on the policies and procedures based on international leading practices in banking systems;
12. Work together with the legal team to pursue enforcement actions on payment systems policies and procedures;
13. Contribute as appropriate to the performance of other functions and to the overall achievement of the Company’s strategic objectives.
Job Requirements and Competencies
1. A degree in Business, Economics, Banking, Finance, Insurance, Law, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field of study.
2. Possession of a Master’s degree in related field of study is an added advantage;
3. Minimum of ten (10) years’ work experience in Banking Operations and Payment Systems, Financial Services, Economics, Accounting or similar operations, with five (5) years in Senior Managerial Position.
4. Specialization in issuing and acquiring solutions, ATM acquiring, EFT payment switching, ISO8583 financial messaging protocols.
5. Seasoned professional with extensive implementation experience delivering solutions across Multi-channel and Omni-channel retail markets.
6. Specialization and expertise in Financial Switch like Postilion, Base24 and Iso8583 messaging protocols.
7. Hands on experience working with various P2PE PIN entry devices, PCI DSS compliance and mandates.
8. Excellent Problem solving sills.
9. Experience in installing, configuring and testing the system end to end.
10. Extensive experience in fraud analysis and prevention, payments risk and security management including mobile payments risk management, data security risk management, enterprise risk management, ecommerce acquiring risk and risk monitoring.
11. Experience with APACS, CB2A and NEXO messaging skills, EMV Contactless certifications e.g. payWave, PayPass, Expressway are nice to have.
Perks and Benefits
Role: NPS Manager
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Role Category: Not mentioned
UG: B.Com in Any Specialization
PG: Any Postgraduate in Any Specialization