Social Justice Department is inviting Kerala Abhayakiranam Scheme 2020 online application form at sjd.kerala.gov.in. In this scheme, the Kerala govt. will provide financial assistance of Rs. 1,000 to close relatives of destitute widows who provide protection and shelter to them. The state cabinet has given approval of Rs. 99 lakh for Abhayakiranam scheme aiming at the welfare of widows. In this article, we will tell you about how to apply online for this scheme, eligibility criteria and complete details.
The main objective of Abhayakiranam scheme is to provide safe and better living environment to destitute and homeless widows. In the initial phase, the Kerala govt. has accorded administrative sanction for providing financial assistance to 200 persons at Rs 1,000 each for 6 months.
Kerala Abhayakiranam Scheme Online Application Form 2020
- Step 1: Firstly visit the official website at http://sjd.kerala.gov.in/. The Kerala Social Justice Department homepage will appear as shown here.
- Step 2: All the new users can click at the “Scheme” tab present in the main menu or directly click at http://sjd.kerala.gov.in/schemes.php. The new page comprising of list of Kerala govt. schemes will open.
- Step3: Click at the “Abhayakiranam Scheme – Financial Assistance to Destitute Widows” link to open the scheme details page. At this page, go to the “Documents” section and click at the “Application Forms – Abhayakiranam Scheme Financial Assistance to Destitute Widows” link.
- Step 4: The Kerala Abhayakiranam Scheme application form PDF will open as below which can be easily downloaded through online mode.
- Step 5: All the applicants can download this scheme form in PDF format. Then applicants will have to enter their necessary details accurately in this Kerala Abhayakiranam Scheme application form and submit it to the concerned authorities.
Upon subsequent verification of filled in application form along with documents, the concerned officer will approve your form. All the applicants will then start getting financial assistance under Abhayakiranam Scheme directly into their bank accounts. Under this scheme, relatives who provide shelter to widows will get monthly aid of Rs. 1,000.
Eligibility Criteria for Abhayakiranam Scheme in Kerala
Each applicant will have to fulfil the described eligibility criteria to become eligible for the Abhayakiranam Scheme in Kerala:-
- The age of destitute widow applicant must be above 50 years.
- The annual family income should be below Rs. 1 lakh.
- The applicant should not be receiving Service pension or Family pension.
- The applicant should not be a beneficiary of schemes implemented through SJD (Aswasakiranam, Samashwasam).
List of Documents Required for Financial Assistance to Destitute Widows
Here is the complete list of documents which are required to be submitted with the application form to get financial assistance as destitute widows under Abhayakiranam Scheme:-
- Recent Passport Size Photograph.
- Attested copy of SSLC certificate/ Election ID card/ Aadhar card for Age Proof.
- Attested copy of Ration card/ Income certificate from Village office/ BPL certificate.
- Certificate from concerned Village officer showing that the applicant is a widow and is under the protection of the relative.
- Bank Account details (first page of bank passbook).
The duly filled application form along with supporting documents has to be submitted to the concerned District Social Justice Officers.
Kerala Abhayakiranam Scheme List of Beneficiary Widow / Destitute
The direct link to check the name in the Kerala Abhayakiranam Scheme List of beneficiary widow / destitute is given here:-http://sjd.kerala.gov.in/scheme-info.php?scheme_id=MTI1c1Y4dXFSI3Z5.
At this page, go to the “Target Group” section and click at the “Beneficiary Details” link in front of either widow / destitute. In the new window, select the financial year and district name to open the complete list of beneficiaries.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Here are the some of the most frequently asked questions by the people about the Abhayakiranam Scheme in Kerala:-
What is Abhayakiranam Scheme
In order to provide safe and better living environment to destitute and homeless widows, the state govt. of Kerala is implementing Abhayakiranam Scheme.
From where can we download Abhayakiranam application form online
People can now download the Kerala Abhayakiranam Scheme application form at official website sjd.kerala.gov.in through online mode.
What is the assistance amount under Abhayakiranam Scheme
Relatives who provide shelter to destitute widows will get monthly aid of Rs. 1,000.
I am receiving family pension, can i get assistance under this scheme as well
No. If you are already getting family pension or other pensions, then you are not eligible.
What is the age limit for Abhayakiranam Scheme
Only those destitute widows whose age is more than 50 years are eligible.
My family income is Rs. 2 lakh per annum, am i eligible
No. The maximum income of the family of the destitute widow must be less than Rs. 1 lakh per annum from all sources.
For more details, visit the official website of Social Justice Department of Kerala at http://sjd.kerala.gov.in/