Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
In order to enhance the competitive strength of SMEs, the scheme provides financial incentives to those SMEs/ancillary undertakings that have acquired ISO 9000/ISO 14001/HACCP certification through reimbursement of the expenditure incurred. The scheme is enlarged so as to include reimbursement of expenses in the acquisition of ISO 14001 certification.
Scheme Benefits & Highlights
- International Standard Organisation’s, the ISO 9000 family addresses various aspects of quality management and contains some of ISO’s best known standards. The standards provide guidance and tools for companies and organizations who want to ensure that their products and services consistently meet customer’s requirements, and that quality is consistently improved. For details click here
- The ISO 9000 series standards have been adopted by some 45 countries and its equivalent standard in the Indian context is the Bureau of Indian Standards’ (BIS) 14000 series.
- The scheme envisages reimbursement of charges incurred for acquisition of ISO-9000/ISO-14001/HACCP certification to the extent of 75% of expenditure, subject to a maximum of ₹75,000 in each case.
- It includes 75% of the certification expenses up to a maximum of Rs.75,000/- (Rupees seventy five thousand only) to each unit as one-time reimbursement only to those MSEs which have acquired Quality Management Systems (QMS)/ISO 9001 and /or Environment Management Systems (EMS)/ ISO14001and / or Food Safety Systems (HACCP) Certification
- The Scheme Contemplates norms of reimbursement as under:
- Payments made to Certification Agency (excluding travel & hotel expenses & Surveillance charges) = Full Amount
- Payments made towards = Upto Rs. 30,000
i)Consultancy; (ii) Training (iii) Calibration For Details about Recognised Consultants click here
- The entitlement for reimbursement = 75% ( (a) full Amount + (b)up to Rs.30,000/- ) up to Rs. 75,000/-
The scheme is applicable to MSEs/ancillary/SSSB units that have already acquired ISO-9000/ISO-14001/ HACCP certification.
The Scheme shall provide one time reimbursement only against a Permanent SSI registration Certificate. The amount of incentive/subsidy/grant already availed for acquiring ISO 9000 or ISO 14001 Certification under any Central Govt. (including DCSSI Incentive Scheme)/State Govt. /Financial Institution shall be adjusted against the entitlement of reimbursement.
MSEs with their registration no. are required to submit their application, duly completed, to their local Director, MSME-DI, addresses given in the website: http://www.dcmsme.gov.in.
Reimbursement for consultation fee(for the application received under ISO 9000/14001 reimbursement Scheme) will be made only if the consultants are from any one of the following:-
1. Consultants registered with National Registration Board for Personal & Training (NRBPT)
2. TQM Division of Textile Committee
3. National Productivity Council(NPC)
4. Consultancy Development Centre(CDC)
5. Small Industries Service Institutes &
For more details and ins and outs of the scheme, kindly refer to the guidelines of the scheme.
- Applications received for reimbursement under the Scheme for Quality Management 9001 and Environment Management 14001 respectively will have to be with the EM Number in place of Permanent Registration Number – which can be obtained from DIC as per the MSMED Act, 2006.
Applicants are required to submit applications only with the Director of MSME-DI formerly known as SISI in the area where the units are located.
- Applicants are required to enclose the Invoice for payments made by them to the certifying bodies, consultants and other expenses also with other annexures (Click Here)
Application Form: http://www.dcmsme.gov.in/publications/forms/Application%20Form.pdf