In the scheme for the payment of financial assistance to blind and Orthopaedically Handicapped Advocates the annual income of the family should not exceed Rs. 1,00,000/-. The applicant under this scheme shall be eligible for an exgratia non-recurring grant of Rs.3000/- for the purchase of books, provisional suits etc., and they are being paid reader’s allowance @ Rs.4000/- per month for a period of 8 years.
The applicant shall satisfy the following conditions for being eligible for financial assistance :-
- He/She shall be a native and resident of Kerala State
- He/She shall be an advocate practising in anyone or more Courts in Kerala
- The combined annual income of the applicant and his/her family from all sources shall not exceed Rs. 1,00,000/-
Documents to be produced with duly filled application form:-
- Income certificate issued by the concerned Village Officer in the prescribed form showing the combined annual income of the applicant and his family from all sources.
- Certificate in the prescribed form from the Presiding Officer of anyone of the Courts in a Court/Centre where the applicant is practising, to the effect that the applicant is practising as an Advocate in the Court /Centre.
- Medical Certificate from an eye specialist in case of blind advocate / Medical certificate from an Ortho specialist in case of Orthopaedically Handicapped advocate
- Educational qualifications and professional certificate of both the advocate and reader assistant duly attested by a Gazetted Officer of the State Government. The person engaged as reader assistant for blind advocate should have passed atleast S.S.L.C
The duly filled application forms along with the documents prescribed has to be submitted to the Director of Social Justice