Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
The Zero duty EPCG Scheme is available to exporters of electronic products. It allows import of capital goods for pre-production, production and post-production (including CKD/SKD thereof as well as computer software systems) at zero% customs duty, subject to an export obligation equivalent to 6 times of duty saved on capital goods imported under EPCG scheme, to be fulfilled in 6 years reckoned from Authorization issue-date.
Scheme Benefits & Highlights
- The concessional 3% duty EPCG Scheme allows import of capital goods for pre-production, production and post-production (including CKD/SKD thereof as well as computer software systems) at 3% customs duty, subject to an export obligation equivalent to 8 times of duty saved on capital goods imported under EPCG scheme, to be fulfilled in 8 years reckoned from Authorization issue-date.
- The capital goods shall include spares (including refurbished/reconditioned spares), tools, jigs, fixtures, dies and moulds. Second hand capital goods, without any restriction on age, may also be imported under the EPCG Scheme. The export obligation can also be fulfilled by the supply of ITA-1 items to the DTA, provided the realization is in free foreign exchange.
- To incentivize fast track companies to accelerate exports, there is a provision for early redemption and in cases where Authorization holder has fulfilled 75% or more of specific export obligation and 100% of Average Export Obligation till date, if any, in half or less than half the original export obligation period specified , remaining export obligation shall be condoned.
- Exporters of electronic products.
- EPCG Authorization holder may also source capital goods from a domestic manufacturer. Such domestic manufacturer shall be eligible for deemed export benefit under FTP. EPCG Authorization holders can opt for Technological Upgradation of existing capital good imported under EPCG Authorization. Import of second hand capital goods is not permitted under the EPCG scheme.
- Eligible applicants who are electronics exporter can find more details at: http://dgft.delhi.nic.in/dgftcla/pdffile/Schemes/EPCG.pdf and can reach out at https://meity.gov.in/contact-us