Coir Board (Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises)
The scheme facilitates development of domestic and export markets, skill development and training, empowerment of women, employment/entrepreneurship creation and development, enhanced rawcmaterial utilization, trade related services, welfare activities for the coir workers, etc. This is undertaken through following 6 schemes:
- Skill Upgradation and Mahila Coir Yojana
- Export Market Promotion (EMP)
- Development of Production Infrastructure (DPI)
- Domestic Market Promotion (DMP)
- Trade and Industry Related Functional Support Services (TIRFSS)
- Welfare Measure (Group Personal Accident Insurance Scheme)
Scheme Benefits & Highlights
- This program provides plethora of benefits under the different schemes.
Some of the benfits and include:
- Provide coir yarn spinning ratts, coir processing equipments, machinery, items, etc. with a subsidy of 75% under Mahila Coir Yojana.
- Aim at inculcating quality consciousness among the workers at grass root level and to educate them on proper methods of producing standard quality fibre, yarn and products.
- Create awareness among the coconut growers, entrepreneurs etc. to set up coir based units and to modernize the existing units for better productivity, quality and also enhance earnings.
MSMEs and Individuals. More details about the eligibility criteria can be found here
Required Documents and Process
The application form and the required details are available on the website and newspaper advertismnets/website notifications are generally done for programs like Coir Industry Award. The checklist along with the details of the different provisions and the feautres of this scheme can be found at the following webiste: http://coirboard.gov.in/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/CVJ.pdf