Ministry of AYUSH
- To promote and strengthen awareness and interest about AYUSH Systems of Medicine and to facilitate International promotion, development and recognition of Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa-Rigpa and Homoeopathy. There are 6 components of the scheme:
1. International exchange of experts & officers
2. Incentive to drug manufacturers, entrepreneurs, AYUSH institutions etc. for international propagation of AYUSH by participating in international exhibitions, trade fairs, road shows etc. and registration of AYUSH products (Market Authorisation) at regulatory bodies of different countries such as USFDA/EMEA/UK-MHRA/ NHPD/ TGA etc for exports.
3. Support for international market development and AYUSH promotion-related activities.
4. Translation and publication of AYUSH literature/books in foreign languages.
5. Establishment of AYUSH Information Cells and strengthening of Health Centre/ Institution in foreign countries with AYUSH equipments, etc.
6. International Fellowship/ scholarship Programme for foreign nationals for undertaking AYUSH courses in premier institutions in India.
Scheme Benefits & Highlights
- International exchange of experts & officers- Actual and as per entitlement for Government official/ representative/ delegate- To and fro Air fare, Daily allowance and local hospitality, Salary/Foreign Deputation Allowance, Medical facilities & insurance cover,Contingencies
- Presentation of AYUSH related scientific research papers in international conferences, workshops, seminar etc.: After having prior approval of the Ministry of AYUSH, 90% of the total expenditure with a max cap of INR 2 lakh for Asian &African countries, INR 3 lakh for f North & South America, Europe and Australia
- AYUSH entrepreneurs, AYUSH drug manufacturing industry, AYUSH Health Care providers etc. participating in international exhibitions, trade fairs, road shows etc. with prior approval of the Ministry of AYUSH will be reimbursed 75% of the expenditure for INR 2 lakh for or Asian &African countries, INR 4 lakh for f North & South America, Europe and Australia
- Market Authorization/ registration of AYUSH products – with USFDA/ EMEA/ UK-MHRA/ NHPD (Canada)/ TGA, Australia/ New Zealand and other international regulatory agencies, etc. abroad – Reimbursement of expenditure Fee paid to the concerned regulatory agency for registration/ market authorization of product and 50% of fee paid to reputed international consultant (if any). Reimbursement, as above will be limited to a sum of Rs. 50 Lakhs or 75% of the actual total amount incurred on market authorization for one product; whichever is less Strengthening of Health Centre/ Institution in foreign countries with AYUSH equipments, etc- – max support of INR 1 Crore
- Translation and publication of AYUSH literature/ books / publicity material etc. in foreign languages- max reimbursement of INR 10 lakh
*For detailed terms and conditions and updations please refer to the following document: http://ayush.gov.in/sites/default/files/-Revised%20IC%20scheme%20%20%20ic.pdf
Students, Entrepreneurs, MSMEs, etc. are eligible under this wide ranging scheme.
- Selection process in the IC Component will be as follows:
i. The scheme will be announced on the website of the Ministry of AYUSH.
ii. Application format for Incentive to drug manufacturers, entrepreneurs, AYUSH institutions etc. for international propagation of AYUSH and registration/ market authorization of their products by USFDA/ EMEA/ UK-MHRA/ NHPD/ TGA etc. for exports are given at Appendix-II and Appendix-III respectively.
iii. Application format and documents/ information required from the applicant for presentation of scientific paper in the International Seminar/ Symposium/ Workshop etc. for re-imbursement under I.C. Scheme is at Appendix-I
iv. Application format for organization of International conferences/ workshops/ seminars, etc. in India on AYUSH Systems by State Governments/ Universities/ eminent institutions or organizations etc is given at Appendix-IV.
v. ECS mandate form is at Appendix-VI
For Details and Appendix refer to the following document: http://ayush.gov.in/sites/default/files/-Revised%20IC%20scheme%20%20%20ic.pdf