Brain-eating Microbe in US; One Dead

Share

Texas : A disease has been reported in US which was spreading through Texas city’s public water supply with a deadly brain-eating microbe named, Naegleria Fowleri. A warning has been issued for the residents of Lake Jackson as a six year old boy, Josiah McIntryre reported as died because of the microbe contraction.

Authorities conducted tests on the water system and 3 out of 11 tested positive. A disaster declaration was issued by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality as the infection may become fatal.

Earlier cases have been reported in southern Louisiana in 2011 and 2013 and the the symptoms are fever, headaches, seizures, vomiting, sleepiness, nausea and hallucinations and without proper care affected persons will die within a week.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *